Thursday 9 June 2011

Day 5

NatWest's Customer Charter advertising campaign has stood out for me recently as it's not often you see a business actively trying to better themselves and encouraging customers to get involved in helping them do so. I also really like Compare The Market's meerkats ads - sheer genius all the way and I love how they're taking it all to social media now too. My least favourite ad is probably Go Compare with the opera man just because he is so infuriating.

I don't discuss advertising very often with friends or family but tend to if it is nostalgic in some way.

When it comes to the media I use in a typical day, I probably log on for the first time mid-morning and check my work and personal emails as well as BBC News. If I have time during the day I may check Facebook or the Times Educational Supplement online for news, gossip, advice, resources and banter but this is more likely to be something I do after I have got home from work. Youtube is another favourite site for me, with me visiting several times a week; I also love Amazon and again will visit several times a week to update my wishlist. I also have 3 blogs, so these keep me busy too! I don't have a TV, so any TV I do watch is online via catchup services after the programmes have been aired, quite often while browsing the web at the same time. I don't browse the internet from my phone or anything like that; I figure I spend enough time online as it is, so while having something like an iPhone would be cool, it probably wouldn't actually benefit me, so I'm in no rush to get one.

During the week I'm sometimes still reading our weekend paper (the FT) which we get delivered, as well as The Economist (also delivered weekly). I read The Times online though and sometimes also read features from the Telegraph, Guardian and Daily Mail online too. I don't watch films very often (in the cinema or at home) but will often watch an episode of The Simpsons or Fawlty Towers on DVD before bed. The appliance I use most after my netbook is my MP3 player: my commute is long (an hour and a quarter each way) so it gets a lot of use! It really helps me to wake up in the morning and to wind down and destress after work. I have a Creative Zen now because I found iPods weren't durable enough (went through 3 in under 6 years!); it seems alright for now but occasionally has a freezing problem, so I may try a Sony next. I don't download music that often as I prefer to have the physical quality of a CD (e.g. artwork).

No comments:

Post a Comment