Tuesday 7 June 2011

Day 3

My goals for the next five years are to move to a bigger flat, to travel to America, Japan and Australia, and to have my first child.
Preventing me from reaching these is money! But I am saving so this will help me to achieve them :)
I would also ideally like to have one or both of my completed novellas accepted for publication during this time, but whether or not this happens is outside my control; it relies on my continuing to be determined and hoping for luck to be on my side.

My positivity for the future comes mainly from the happiness and security I derive from my family, friends and job.
The negativity I feel about the future stems from the fact of my not being in the career I really want due to bad advice I received in the past; this means I have to work so much harder to even have a chance of getting into that career. I also feel negative about the future due to the dumbing down of UK education and the increasing sexualisation of its culture, as well as the increasing pervasiveness of technology: it is this world into which any children that I might have will be born and grow up, and I worry about what kind of childhood and youth young people today will have as a result.

The three things I would like to change would be the sexualisation of culture and the pervasiveness of technology as mentioned above; I would also like the work ethic of people in the UK to be increased as there seems to be a viewpoint growing in popularity that it is OK to get something for nothing, or that it is OK to want to be famous without knowing or caring what for.

No comments:

Post a Comment