Monday 6 June 2011

Day 2

Shopping is something that I really enjoy and find relaxing and exciting, and while I wouldn't say I spend loads of money on shopping (anything over €100 is really a big deal for me), this probably says more about the fact that I am a SERIOUS bargain hunter rather than anything about the frequency with which I shop ;) Luckily my husband, family and friends enjoy shopping too!

My shopping experiences have been marred of late due to having recently got married - the name change appears to have caused problems with my bank and so I now have been unable to shop online at all for the past few weeks. Several abortive/attempted purchases at Amazon and Marks and Spencer are the result of this! My last *successful* bit of shopping, then, was on Friday, when I went to an outlet village with my husband and purchased some tops, pyjamas and underwear.
I really enjoy shopping at Amazon, because you can always find what you want there. Clothes shops like Miss Sixty and New Look, as well as mid-to-high-end supermarkets such as Sainsburys, Waitrose and Marks and Spencer, also give the shopper a great experience due to their careful and friendly approach, which results in excellent customer service and a happy customer. I don't really enjoy shopping at Zara: while I like their clothes, their stores are always so busy and shop assistants are not always willing or able to help you.

I love online shopping - it is so quick and convenient and you can quite often get discounts online that you wouldn't get in store. I can also go through a points website that I'm a member of and get points for shopping online which can then be exchanged for other things. I buy a lot of books and CDs, but also buy DVDs, clothes, new technology and decorative homewares. The last 'treat' I bought was a new pair of jeans that were 2 sizes smaller than my last pair due to having lost weight recently. If money was no object, I'd definitely buy an iPad - or a first class round the world trip! Or a house! Or why not all three?!
The last thing I bought online: a mail order boyfriend (...only joking...it was tickets to see this guy...Neil Hannon...play live in July)
A possession I value: my ferret toy, given to me by my husband. We both love ferrets :)

No comments:

Post a Comment