Wednesday 8 June 2011

Day 4

Two of my favourite brands are Miss Sixty and Waitrose. I like Miss Sixty because their clothes are attractive and comfortable as well as being of high quality - plus, their customer service is good. I like Waitrose because its slogan - 'quality food, honestly priced' - is true; even their value ranges are excellent and they stock a good range of familiar and unusual foods. I don't think I'll ever grow out of Waitrose but think I may grow out of Miss Sixty in my 30s or 40s. I'd like to be able to grow into brands such as Gerard Darel, Reiss etc which require a more elevated income.

My least favourite brand is Bratz, which I find trashy and feel enforces all the wrong values.

Bratz would be one example of a brand that I feel behaves irresponsibly as it promotes immoral ideas. Brands that I consider to be behaving responsibly are brands that promote recycling, human rights and reducing the carbon footprint, such as Lush and Kiehls. I think it is quite important for a brand to behave responsibly; there is less and less of an excuse for big brands such as L'Oreal to not be taking the lead.



I don't think I go around forcing my views on brands on my friends; however, if they ask (which they often do, about beauty products, since I have my own beauty blog), I will not hesitate to give my honest views. I ask them if I think they can help (especially about technology products) but I am more likely to look around online at blogs and reviews before purchasing. I think the brand I last recommended was Jergens body moisturisers; someone was asking on an online forum what a good body moisturiser brand was and I responded. I recommended it because it's a very nice and affordable natural product.

No comments:

Post a Comment